April’s Manchester WordPress User Group, run by WordPress co-founder Mike Little and Saz Bailey, takes place at MadLab (http://madlab.org.uk) on Wednesday, the 15th from 6.30pm to 9pm.
Note:this month we are continuing withe the changed format to try to help more of you in the ways you’ve asked us.
Broad format of the meeting:
- educational talks on wider topics pertinent to WordPress
- practical help to progress your live projects through any current blocks
- opportunity to share your projects or your WP skills, experience, services etc.
- opportunity to grow your personal WP knowledge and skills in a hands-on way
To create the space to do this we will be delivering the WP update differently and removing the dedicated ‘mingle’ time – but don’t worry you’ll still get that opportunity!
We believe that more people can benefit from Mike’s updates if we make them available online for review by the wider community and before the meeting for those who attend. So Mike will be recording and archiving them on the MWUG site, the link for which we will post on Meetup.com and in an email before the session.
We want to create a buzz of activity, connections and breakthroughs. The ‘mingle’ time will merge with our new WP Clinic time to give us 1 hour 15 mins. We urge all attendees to help us make this session work by participating in its value through:
- requesting help in resolving a current issue
- offering your skills and expertise where you believe you can help
- or by simply observing and discussing others issues, options and resolutions
At the start of the clinic we invite you to list your project or match your ability to help a fellow MWUGer.
We are excited to be offering more and hope that you, our wonderful MWUGers, can benefit from the changes no matter what your experience. If you’ve been nervous or torn about attending before then perhaps now is the time to give us a shot.
So what do you think? We value your opinion. Drop us a note back (in the comments here, or on the mailing list) and let us know if this is a good or not. And please bear with us as we try things and tweak the format.
New Timings and Agenda:
- 18:30 — Prompt start – Andreas will talk about his Clinic experience
- 18:45 — Q&A – for topic covered and Mike’s WP update
- 19:00 — WP clinic – bring your laptop and get the hands on help you need
- 20:15 — Tech session – Simon Wheatley will talk about WordPress Rewrite Rules
- 21:00 — End
If you have other suggestions for items to go on the agenda, please comment here or on the mailing list.
Anyone with any experience of WordPress is welcome, whether you’ve only heard about it and want to know more, you’re an experienced WordPress user or developer, or anything in between; you are welcome to our meetings.
If you fancy coming along, please let us know at our Meetup page.
Mike Little (http://zed1.com), co-founder of WordPress, runs MWUG so come along to discover how WordPress can benefit you or your organisation, and get specific advice on any WordPress questions you have.
Subscribe to our Mailing list/Google group (http://groups.google.com/group/manchester-wordpress-user-group), check out our website (http://mwug.info), follow us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/mwug), join us on Linked In (http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Manchester-Wordpress-User-Group-3125011), like our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/manchester.wordpress.user.group or join our MeetUp group http://www.meetup.com/ManchesterWordPressUserGroup.
See you at MWUG!
Short link: http://z1.tl/13x